Want to join our team?
BROKEN COAST CANNABIS LTD.
Job Posting - Production Manager
Broken Coast is growing, and we’re looking to add a Production Manager to our team in Duncan, BC
We’re proud to be at the forefront of a rapidly evolving industry, and this is an exciting time to join us!
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Manager will be responsible for leading all manufacturing activities from crop harvest through final shipment to clients & customers. This role will be accountable for driving, monitoring, and improving operational effectiveness via presence on the shop floor, KPIs, continuous improvement, and effective management of capital and human resources.
Key success factors for this position will include a floor-oriented approach, strong organization, and the ability to drive efficiency and change without compromising on team management and product quality.
WHO WE ARE
Broken Coast Cannabis is a medical cannabis producer based in British Columbia, licensed under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated, and adhere to Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes regulations. We pride ourselves on our quality product and personal service.
- Manage people, process, and equipment for all downstream manufacturing activities including harvest, processing/manufacturing, packaging, and shipment to final customers/clients.
- Provide leadership, help build and motivate staff to achieve downstream objectives and production targets.
- Meet all production scheduling & cost requirements via effective deployment of resources.
- Interface with the grow team and head grower to ensure communication and activity linkage with all upstream activities, schedules, and changes.
- Prepare work schedules and assign specific duties as required & ensure assignments are effectively communicated to the team.
- Establish, measure, & monitor operational KPIs for communication to senior management by means of daily/weekly reports and dashboarding.
- Ensure that production activities and finished product are compliant with both internal and regulated standards.
- Work closely with planning & supply chain to ensure inventory in support of production is available in advance.
- Foster and drive a continuous improvement culture and make recommendations on changes to team structure, process, and equipment.
- Partner with Quality Assurance to improve workflow, identify & correct process gaps effectively and swiftly.
- Generate business case justifications for process and equipment improvements as required.
- Ensure all, processes and equipment adhere to established and regulated OHS requirements.
- Lead safety culture through a demonstrated commitment to OHS and membership on the joint occupational health & safety committee.
- Manage departmental budgets and provide performance reporting as required.
- Determine resource needs and coordinate with HR on the hiring process
- Perform other duties as may be required by senior management.
Experience, Education & Core Competencies
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering, life sciences, or related discipline
- Minimum 5-10 Years of experience managing productivity, efficiency & process improvement in a manufacturing setting (preferably GMP or pharmaceutical)
- Minimum 3-5 years direct management experience including hiring and performance management
- Previous experience managing manufacturing equipment lines
- Experience authoring and reviewing technical documentation & SOPs
- Familiarity with batch record and pharmaceutical processing requirements
- Strong leadership, mentoring, and team-building skills
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience with Lean methodologies an asset
- A desire and ability to collaborate and succeed with others
Sound interesting? Email us with your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly online at Indeed and tell us why you’d be an excellent addition to the Broken Coast team! Please cite competition number 18-0901 when applying.
Broken Coast thanks all applicants in advance for your interest – but only those shortlisted will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!
BROKEN COAST CANNABIS LTD.
Job Posting - Quality Control Technician
Broken Coast is growing, and we’re looking to add a full-time Quality Control Technician to our team in Duncan, BC.
We’re proud to be at the forefront of a rapidly evolving industry, and this is an exciting time to join us! We’re looking for someone to support our small chemistry lab, handle sample logistics and outside lab communications, provide assistance with batch documentation and review, and be a proactive member of the quality team.
WHO WE ARE
Broken Coast Cannabis is a medical cannabis producer based in British Columbia, licensed under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated and adhere to Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes regulations. We pride ourselves on our quality product and personal service.
You will support the quality program at Broken Coast by ensuring that products are tested for compliance before release. Working with a range of departments is key, ensuring priorities are addressed quickly, changes are addressed in procedural documents, and results are communicated to the right groups. You will also support the quality department, assisting in a wide range of tasks and acting as a technical resource.
- Facility metrology program
- Facility pest checks
- In-house analysis of cannabinoids
- Finished product inspection
- Outside lab sample management and logistics
- Review and archiving of outside lab report data
- Data entry in LIMS
- Retained sample management
- Preparation and maintenance of lab procedural documents
- Coordination with Quality Assurance and Operations on testing and release priorities
- Assisting the Quality department with duties as required
- 2+ years’ experience in a regulated or accredited lab
- 2+ years' experience with HPLC
- Familiar with Chemstation or related software
- Degree or Diploma in chemistry or a related discipline
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Outstanding computer skills, including Google Suite, MS Word, and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm to work as an engaged member of a rapidly evolving business
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
Sound interesting? Email us with your resume and cover letter at email@example.com apply online through Indeed and tell us why you’d be an excellent addition to the Broken Coast team! Please cite competition number 18-127 when applying.
Applicants are assessed on merit; we welcome a diverse range of potential team members.
Broken Coast thanks all applicants in advance for your interest – we look forward to hearing from you!